The game is currently being tested and it appears my item ideas didn´t work out. You can forget everything I wrote in the previous post. Right now this are the differences to the Empires & Dungeons 1 item system:
- You can carry more than one weapon.
- There are no primary and secondary weapons anymore. There is a new attribute called “Slash/Smash weapons” and “Thrust/Shoot” (literally “Pierce”) weapons. To use one of the three combat attacks (Thrust [meaning “shooting” when having a bow], Slash, Smash) you should use the corresponding weapons for best effect. It doesn´t make sense to smash with a dagger or thrust with a club?
- You have to “equip” a weapon to use it and you can only “equip” one weapon at a time. You can change the weapon you use during combat.
- Some monsters are invulnerable to certain kinds of attack. For example you shouldn´t try to stab a skeleton.
- You can carry more than one magic ring and ALL of them will effect your ratings (despite what I wrote in the earlier post)
- The game still measures the items strengths in “lesser”, “greater” etc., but there is a number rating displayed showing it´s total strength. Like “lesser” .
- You cannot sell items from your backpack. I want you to make the decision at the moment you find the treasure whether to use or sell an item.
- No weapon breaking.